Esta página web utiliza cookies para mejorar tu experiencia de usuario. Si continúas navegando, aceptas el uso de las cookies en tu dispositivo tal y como se describe en nuestra Política de Cookies.
Reservar ahora

HISTORIA

  • manhattan-336708_640

The old City Club premises provided a non-partisan atmosphere where Democrats and Republicans would convene to discuss politics of the day. Originally commissioned in 1901 and completed in 1904, the building housed function rooms, public and private reception rooms, offices, and sleeping quarters for members laid out in the same arrangement as today.

The smallest rooms, now called "Petites," used to be occupied by member's butlers, while the former ballrooms with double-height cieilings now house the Duplex Suites. Sold in 1939 to become an office building, then the headquarters of the American Plywood Association, in the 1970's it was again turned into offices.

Forthright Development, Jon Zambetti and Stephen Brighenti bought the site in 1999, returning it to its original glory as a gentleman's club with sleeping quarters, and restoring its original name.